Sunday, October 26, 2014

Silent Night by C.J. Kyle

SILENT NIGHT ISN'T MY USUAL TYPE OF READ, but I'm so glad I decided to give it a go. It's an intense, gruesome, psychological thriller, one that kept me guessing and turning the pages into the wee hours of the morning.

Description...

Christmas, Tennessee, is a town where no one locks their doors and the worst crime is a stolen bicycle. Until the night blood is found . . . but there's no body.

Police Chief Tucker Ambrose hopes it's just a prank, but his years as a cop in Chicago tell him different. Then a body is discovered in the middle of the woods, staged with a bible, a crucifix, and a rosary . . . and Tucker knows something dark and sinister has arrived in his town.

Miranda Harley knows exactly what's going on. In fact, she's been tracking this serial killer, hoping to gather enough evidence to convict him. Trouble is, no one will believe her, not even the sexy police chief whose heated gazes promise nights of sin. But when Miranda falls into the crosshairs of a psychopath, Tucker must put aside his doubts and race to stop the killer from striking again.

My review...

Silent Night is my first taste of C.J. Kyle's writing and, while it's not perfect, it's an exciting, fast paced, riveting story that had me locking my car doors while waiting for my daughter to finish up in Target, and checking the doors and windows in my house when she and I got home.

There's definitely a romance here, but it does take a backseat to the murder mystery. That's understandable given the twists and turns and amount of time our hero, the sheriff, has to spend hunting this serial killer.

Just a word of warning to the squeamish amongst us, the murders and crime scenes are pretty disturbing, so keep this in mind should you decide to give this a try, and if you're a fan of crime thrillers, I highly recommend you do!

An eARC was provided by Avon Books and Edelweiss, and in return I'm giving them an honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment